A weekend to Remember…
Deepening the Bonds of Love … A “Hold Me Tight” Retreat
We are anticipating our next retreat in September 2013!
Please check back for exact dates soon.
- Are you yearning for the love, connection and respect that you once had with your partner?
- Are you going through a life transition (recently married, birth of a child, empty nest, grief/loss, remarriage, retirement, etc.)?
- Are frustrating and destructive cycles destroying the passion you once felt for each other?
If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, this workshop is for you. You can have a loving, passionate connection with your partner. You are not destined to a ho-hum existence…you can have love, passion and harmony in your relationship. You will begin experiencing the transformation during this retreat.
The key questions for couples in love relationships are:
- Are you there for me?
- Do I matter to you?
- Am I enough for you?
If either partner answers, “I think so”, or “some of the time” or, even “most of the time” to even one of these questions then this workshop is for you.
If you already have a pretty good relationship, Hold Me Tight will give you the experience and tools you need to ensure a life time of love, joy and passion together. This is a great Premarital workshop!
If you have hit some rocky moments, or are feeling trapped in a downward spiral, this workshop can help you turn things around and begin an upward trajectory of closeness and connection.
If you are a therapist and are interested in an introduction to EFT and would love to introduce your partner to your world, Hold Me Tight is a great introduction (14 CEU’s are available for California MFT’s and LCSW’s). CEU Provider #5191
During the Hold Me Tight workshop you will learn to:
- Break the cycles of frustration and loneliness in your relationship
- Make sense of your own emotions and your partner’s
- Create lasting trust and intimacy
- Forgive injuries that keep you from really trusting and feeling safe with your partner
- Deepen your romantic and sexual connection
You will experience time away to prioritize your relationship by:
- Hearing: Couple education
- Seeing: Video examples
- Doing: Experiential Exercises
You are not alone. Most couples need a little help along the way, and we are here to help. Space will fill quickly as we limit the number of couples to ensure quality attention to each couple.
This workshop is not therapy, it is educational and experiential in nature. While you will receive individual support by the workshop facilitators, and additional helping therapists, we encourage you to seek individual couple therapy if you are in high relational distress.
There are so many myths about love and relationships. Anyone can write a self-help book or lead a relationship workshop. How do you know what to believe? How do you actually put in to practice what you learn?
HOLD ME TIGHT – RENEWING LOVING RELATIONSHIPS is a workshop based on the book, “Hold Me Tight.” It was created by Sue Johnson, founder of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT), the method with the highest proven outcomes for couples therapy.
- EFT has an astounding 70 – 75% success rate and results have been shown to last, even in the face of significant stress.
- EFT is recognized by the American Psychological Association as empirically proven.
The message of this workshop is simple: Forget about learning how to argue better, analyzing your early childhood, making grand romantic gestures, or experimenting with new sexual positions. Instead, accept that like all mammals we are “pack animals.” We need our pack and we need to feel safety and belonging in order to experience the joys of a passionate, respectful partnership. We really do need and depend on our partner for nurturing, soothing, and protection…even as adults. In these two days you will learn how to create safety and belonging with each other so that love and passion can flourish.